Langmeier Backup FAQ
Restore Windows Operating System Like a Pro
Creating a bootable emergency medium has never been easier. In Langmeier Backup 8, it's as simple as a mouse click.
With the backup software Langmeier Backup, you can conveniently and easily restore a previously backed up complete operating system with all programs and settings. All you need is a bootable medium, which you can create in Langmeier Backup.
You can create a boot medium on any computer running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or running Windows Server (2008 and later) The prerequisite is that Langmeier Backup is installed. After creating a boot media, follow these steps to restore a complete operating system:
1. Insert the bootable media into the drive or connect the boot media to the computer if you have created a bootable USB media. Now boot up the computer.
Note: If the computer does not boot into the Langmeier Backup recovery environment even though you have inserted the bootable media, then you must first change the boot order in the BIOS so that the computer boots with the media.
If a message appears, "Press any key to boot from CD", then you need to press a key when this message appears.
2. Wait until the Langmeier Backup window appears after booting:
Note: You can click Cancel here to access the main menu. There you can, for example, check your hard disk image, access your files, or manage your computer's hard disk partitions.
2. Click Next to continue and restore your operating system now.
3. Select the image you want to restore.
4. Go one step further, and select the disk you want to overwrite with the image.
Important: Note that the drive letters here are not necessarily the same as the ones you are used to in Windows. This is because you are in a special recovery environment that may have different drive letters assigned.
So be careful before giving the command to overwrite the drive!
Caution: If you continue, then all files on that drive will be deleted and overwritten with the contents of the image!
5. Continue. After a brief confirmation, the hard disk image will now be restored.
6. Wait for the restore to complete, remove all external disks from the computer and then restart the computer.