Don't lose any data, create an image backup now
If you want to make a backup of the complete Windows operating system, you need an image. An image is nothing more than a bit-perfect image of the hard drive. Fortunately, creating a Windows image backup is quite easy in Langmeier Backup.
Creating a Windows Image Backup
- Start the "Setup" wizard.
- Select "Add" and then "Hard Disk Image..."
- In the window that appears, select the drive where your operating system resides (of course, this is usually the C:\ drive).
- Press the ">> Next" button.
- If you wish, give the image another name than the one suggested, and now select "Finish".
- Your hard drive will now appear in the list of data to be backed up.
- Press ">> Next."
- Select "Local (e.g. to external hard drive, USB stick, etc...)", or "To Network" as the destination.
- Press ">> Next".
- Now click on the "Select..." button and select a destination folder here for the backup data.
- Press ">> Next."
- Select the options you want: for example, whether or not to encrypt the image.
- Under the "Expert Settings" button, you will find even more options, such as an email notification that you could receive after each backup.
- Click on ">> Next".
- Input a name for the backup in the text box, for example, "Backup Dell Computer".
- Click ">> Next".
- Click "Back up right now".
- Now click "Finish" and wait for the backup, or Create Windows Backup, to complete. Until the backup is complete, you can of course do other work on the computer (as long as you don't shut down the computer in the process).
Compatibility with different versions of Windows
Can a Windows backup or Windows image be done with any version of Windows? The short answer is yes. Following is a brief overview to confirm, just to eliminate any doubt
Backing up Windows 10
You can easily make a Windows 10 backup or image with Langmeier Backup.
Data Backup Windows 8.1
With Langmeier Backup, you can create a Windows 8.1 backup without any problems.
Data Backup Windows 8
A Windows 8 backup is also no problem with Langmeier Backup.
Backup Windows 7
With Langmeier Backup, you can also perform a Windows 7 data backup with ease.
Restore Windows Backup
But how to restore a Windows image backup? Read how to restore a system backup with Langmeier Backup here
Save data automatically
Protect all your files.
About the Author Urs Langmeier
, Founder and CEO of Langmeier Software GmbH
Further lookup: Langmeier Backup, Image backup, Disk image, Backup operating system, Backing up Windows
Articles relevant to the topicLangmeier Backup Version 10 is here
FAT32 or NTFS? Which format is better for backup?
How to back up your hard drive properly and not forget anything
Post a comment here...
This article covers:Image Backup
How to create an image